Prof. Paul Pop
Since 2016, I am a professor at DTU Compute (Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at the Technical University of Denmark, DTU). I have joined DTU in 2006 as an associate professor. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Systems from Linköping University in 2003 and my Master’s in Computer Science in 1997 from the Technical University of Timisoara, Romania.
I do research on methods and tools for systems engineering. I work in the general area of embedded systems, with a focus on Industrial Internet of Things, safety-critical systems and microfluidic biochips. You can see my current and past projects here and on the IoT Center website.
Looking for students, researchers
Please see the open positions and project topics available.
Awards and professional service
- Director of DTU’s Research Center for the Internet of Things
- Chairman of the IEEE Danish Chapter on Embedded Systems
- Coordinator of the Danish national Systems Engineering Interest Group
- Coordinator of the Danish national Safety-Critical Systems Interest Group
- Coordinator at DTU for the Nordic Master School in innovative ICT
- Best Paper Award, Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD), 2016
- Embedded Skills Award, DI ITEK, 2014 (advisor for Kasper Understrup)
- Best Poster Award, Design Automation and Test in Europe Conference PhD Forum, 2014 (advisor for Mirela Alistar)
- DTU’s prize for “Forskningsbaseret myndighedsrådgivning”, 2013 (for the DSB IC4 investigation), 2013
- Best Student Paper Award at the Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (co-author), 2013
- EDAA Outstanding Dissertations Award (co-advisor for PhD student Viacheslav Izosimov), 2011
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Compilers, Architecture, and Synthesis for Embedded Systems (CASES), 2009
- Best Paper Award, Design Automation and Test in Europe Conference (DATE), 2005
- Selected as “The Most Influential Papers of 10 Years DATE Conference”
- Best paper award, Real-Time in Sweden Conference
Click here for my publication list. The PDFs and slides of my papers, as well as the theses I have supervised, can be found here.
- 02131 Embedded Systems, bachelor-level, 10 ECTS points, autumn semester
- 02223 Fundamentals of Modern Embedded Systems, master-level, 7.5 ECTS points, autumn semester
- 02228 Fault-Tolerant Systems, master-level, 7.5 ECTS points, autumn semester